• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 douglas9

douglas9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

After exiting SAS found the sascore.exe process still running. Tried to kill it with Enditall, Windows Task Manager, Process Explorer and WinPatrol all to no avail. As i'm writing this the sascore.exe is still running.

#2 GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark

Volunteer Mod

• Moderators
  • 833 posts
  • LocationThe Space Between Two Points

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi douglas9 ,

Apparently it's supposed to run constantly, however if you really want to stop it :

1. Bring up a Run box (hold Winkey+R)

2. Type msconfig

3. Select Services tab

4. Check "hide all MS services"

5. Uncheck SASCore --- Apply --- OK

You may have to uncheck Run at Startup in the Startup tab as well otherwise the service may come back.

Using No Way - As Way, Having No Limitation - As Limitation.

Techstep123                            http://tgigeeks.net/

Anonysome Emporium                                T.I.M

#3 douglas9

douglas9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, but finally killed it with WinPatrol (Scotty). Had to stop it first, then kill it with Scotty. Thanks for the tip though. Hadn't thought about msconfig.

#4 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks, but finally killed it with WinPatrol (Scotty). Had to stop it first, then kill it with Scotty. Thanks for the tip though. Hadn't thought about msconfig.

Don't terminate the SASCORE service. When SUPERAntiSpyware is not running it's doing nothing, there is no logical reason to terminate it and if you do become infected, it helps SUPERAntiSpyware and if it's not running it won't be able to be started.

#5 Mumford68

Mumford68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Don't terminate the SASCORE service. When SUPERAntiSpyware is not running it's doing nothing, there is no logical reason to terminate it and if you do become infected, it helps SUPERAntiSpyware and if it's not running it won't be able to be started.

Hello, I had just downloaded the free version of SAS v5 and was surprised to see the SASCore.exe process running and am grateful for those that have taken the time to share their knowledge.
I have spoken up as I only have the free version and was using it to evaluate and to do a couple of specific scans of a directory but I don't currently need SAS as a real-time a/v. I understand the aobve admin and appreciate the statement however I have real-time a/v software running and I don't know if this process would even interfere. Even if it does not it is yet another process running. Further I would hope that when I go into msconfig (aside form the fact that it gives me issue and says it cannot modify even though it looks like it might, AT LEAST partially) that I don't have to remember why I have it running anything but in a 'normal' manner.

I assume other than using something like msconfig to stop the process from loading the only other option is to remove the program which is a shame becuase it would be nice to have it easily on hand to try out without worrying about possible conflicts with current real-time programs. Although I have to point out that i understand that a lot fo people may not even understand why it is there or care and simply want to be secure automatically without having to interface with the program.

Thank you for the program that has been put together and gotten some very good reviews in different circles.

#6 DanBlocker

DanBlocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Easy way I found to stop it is go to the SUPERAntiSpyware install location and  rename SASCore.exe to SASCore.exe.BAK, then locate it in Windows Task Manager and click End Process.

..Or drag it to the desktop and rename it. You can put it back in the install folder if you want to restore it later.

I'm running WindowsXP 32bit, don't know if another system will let you rename it  while still in memory. If not, another way to stop it is go to the SUPERAntiSpyware install location, locate SASCore.exe and find a spot on the desktop where you can  quickly drag and drop it, then open Windows Task Manager and select SASCore.exe. Click End Process then QUICKLY drag SASCore.exe from the SUPERAntiSpyware folder to  the desktop.. You only have about a second to do this before SASCore.exe restarts.

Started SUPERAntiSpyware, runs fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users