Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidBanner

getting rid of SAS

5 posts in this topic

Every update of SAS has a FP for a prog that is on my pc months.latest is a game by big fish games says it is adware. never showed me any ads and had forgotten about it. Getting rid of SAS

Why don't you post your scan log and we can resolve the issue - we are here to help - certainly not a reason to remove our software!

Why don't you post your scan log and we can resolve the issue - we are here to help - certainly not a reason to remove our software!

You would be surprised on what your software misses. I have completely avoided running it because Malwarebytes and ComboFix do the job so much better. When version four of SAS was around, it was really good and comparable to the aformentioned, but ever since version 5 has been out its appalling.

If you want a "for instance", the latest big threat has been "XP Antivirus 2012", "Vista Antivirus 2012", and "Win7 Antivirus 2012". After a month of this malware being around, I though I would see if your version 5 had gotten better. I installed the professional trial version and updated it in safe mode, restarted to see if it would catch the aformentioned and it did not.

The delay on getting updates for the absolute latest malware/infections is just too slow. We had ordered around 30 license of the professional to sell, I got 10-15 into it and just couldn't allow myself to continue selling software that just doesn't work when you need it.

If you want a "for instance", the latest big threat has been "XP Antivirus 2012", "Vista Antivirus 2012", and "Win7 Antivirus 2012". After a month of this malware being around, I though I would see if your version 5 had gotten better. I installed the professional trial version and updated it in safe mode, restarted to see if it would catch the aformentioned and it did not.

I think this is a bit harsh and I also think you are somewhat perplexed as to what an AV does and what an AS does.

Not one Av or AS will pick up every possible piece of Malware, even ComboFix can miss things and if the user (and there are many) is not knowledgeable in using CF to its

full effect, then Malware traces can and will still be found.

As good a programme as CF is it is not for the non tech savvy user as it can destroy a machine if not used correctly.