• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mkruzel2

mkruzel2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm scanning a Latitude D530 with XP Pro SP3 and I'm on a 3rd scan in safe mode with Superantipsyware and removed a Zugo trojan. It's stuck a directory called c:\documents & settings\username\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Top_Games_Images. It's been stuck on this diretory for about 3 hours. Is there any way to get SASW to bypass this diretory temporarily or is there something in this diretory that is preventing the scan from finishing?

#2 SAS Customer Service

SAS Customer Service

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm scanning a Latitude D530 with XP Pro SP3 and I'm on a 3rd scan in safe mode with Superantipsyware and removed a Zugo trojan. It's stuck a directory called c:\documents & settings\username\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Top_Games_Images. It's been stuck on this diretory for about 3 hours. Is there any way to get SASW to bypass this diretory temporarily or is there something in this diretory that is preventing the scan from finishing?

Hello,

Try this:
Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these, then go back and run a Complete Scan.

You could also bypass the directory by doing a custom scan and selecting that directory in the "excluded folder" list
or
going to the home screen, clicking "Preferences", going to the Scanning Control tab and adding it to the Excluded Folders. This will exclude it for any scan type.
Customer Service
SUPERAntiSpyware
www.superantispyware.com

#3 mkruzel2

mkruzel2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Hello,

Try this:
Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these, then go back and run a Complete Scan.

You could also bypass the directory by doing a custom scan and selecting that directory in the "excluded folder" list
or
going to the home screen, clicking "Preferences", going to the Scanning Control tab and adding it to the Excluded Folders. This will exclude it for any scan type.

I tried your suggestions but it still gets stuck on this directory. I found c:\documents and settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Toolbar\IsolatedStorage\ViaJewel\. Is ViaJewel some type of Bejeweled game? I'm certainly not going to copy all these images. I'm going to back up the user's profile to an external drive and then reinstall XP and just scan the user's profile on the external drive with Superantispyware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users