Nikilet

Question about scans

Nikilet   

If my computer has 1 administrator and 2 standard user accounts on the C drive, when I scan with Superantispyware, does that scan include all accounts, or just the account I am working in?

If my computer has 1 administrator and 2 standard user accounts on the C drive, when I scan with Superantispyware, does that scan include all accounts, or just the account I am working in?

The file system is the same for all users but the registry is different - so yes you should scan all accounts. As for 9 views and no answer - the people that viewed may not have had and answer - so give it time :)

Nikilet   

tommie4wiley: I think you should start your own topic to ask your question. You probably aren't going to get a very good response by tacking it onto this one because I have already received my answer.

The file system is the same for all users but the registry is different - so yes you should scan all accounts. As for 9 views and no answer - the people that viewed may not have had and answer - so give it time smile.gif

Hi, SUPERAntiSpy

Does that mean I should update SuperAntiSpyware on all user accounts daily to make sure the definitions are up to date and scan the account that I use most often daily? Also, if I update SuperAntiSpyware on my Administrator account do I need to update it in my Standard user account also, or is it all the same? Thanks so much for your help.

T. nerve84

Hi T.nerve84 ,

If you update through/as Administrator it will be updated for all users as long as it was installed for all users.

The point about the Registry being different is purely because Admin will have certain programmes the User will not, so scanning items may be different but the Definitions/Builds will be the same.