10 replies to this topic

#1 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

Hi,

The multipart upgrade to V5 the other day disabled my lifetime licenced version. I noticed that all the exe files had gone from the program folder.

I unistalled, reinstalled the complete new package and everything seemed fine, my licence was found and a full scan completed with no detections.

Since then SAS does not launch on startup (although the entry in startup is there) and the exe files have all gone again.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple more times and now SAS will not run on completion of install, or after a reboot.

I'm not going to allow the upgrade to my other machines just yet while I run some more checks on this one.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Regards

#2 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

The multipart upgrade to V5 the other day disabled my lifetime licenced version. I noticed that all the exe files had gone from the program folder.

I unistalled, reinstalled the complete new package and everything seemed fine, my licence was found and a full scan completed with no detections.

Since then SAS does not launch on startup (although the entry in startup is there) and the exe files have all gone again.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple more times and now SAS will not run on completion of install, or after a reboot.

I'm not going to allow the upgrade to my other machines just yet while I run some more checks on this one.

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Regards

What operating system are you on? What do you mean the exe files vanished?

#3 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

What operating system are you on? What do you mean the exe files vanished?

Sorry, I meant to, and should have, added my os at the bottom of my query.

Its Vista 32 and fully up to date. I've just run SpyBot S&D and MS Security Essentials which report nothing.
The obvious missing file is:
SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

RUNSAS.EXE (the alternate start tool, is there but reports 'Unable to locate SUPERAntiSpyware program files'
bootsafe.exe seems to function but SASCore,SASTask and SSUpdate have no effect.
I think there were one or two other .exe files before the upgrade, but they are not there now.

Task Manager is not showing any SAS processes or services running at all.

The only thing that works is the SUPERAntiSpyware.chm, for the help files.

I'd like to resolve this before I let my other machines upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

#4 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

Sorry, I meant to, and should have, added my os at the bottom of my query.

Its Vista 32 and fully up to date. I've just run SpyBot S&D and MS Security Essentials which report nothing.
The obvious missing file is:
SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

RUNSAS.EXE (the alternate start tool, is there but reports 'Unable to locate SUPERAntiSpyware program files'
bootsafe.exe seems to function but SASCore,SASTask and SSUpdate have no effect.
I think there were one or two other .exe files before the upgrade, but they are not there now.

Task Manager is not showing any SAS processes or services running at all.

The only thing that works is the SUPERAntiSpyware.chm, for the help files.

I'd like to resolve this before I let my other machines upgrade.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Did you download the new installer from our site?

#5 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Did you download the new installer from our site?

I downloaded and 'ran' directly from here http://www.superanti...m/download.html a couple of times.
After they both failed I saved the package and tried 'run as administrator' a couple of times but that didn't work either.
Interestingly, sometimes after the uninstalls the directory in Program files was removed by the procedure, but once or twice it wasn't, so on those occasions I manually deleted and then rebooted.

Thanks

#6 Seth

Seth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

The symptoms you describe are normally related to an infection.

Run the SAS .exe fix: http://www.superanti..._FixEXEfile.com

Also run "Unhide": http://download.blee...nler/unhide.exe
[

#7 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

I downloaded and 'ran' directly from here http://www.superanti...m/download.html a couple of times.
After they both failed I saved the package and tried 'run as administrator' a couple of times but that didn't work either.
Interestingly, sometimes after the uninstalls the directory in Program files was removed by the procedure, but once or twice it wasn't, so on those occasions I manually deleted and then rebooted.

Thanks

You should run the install package normally.

#8 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi,

I left this a while to see if a future release fixed my problem, but it has not although all my other installations on other machines (Win Vista and XP) are working fine.

I still have the issue that SAS will not run on this machine. After a clean install all the shortcuts (desktop, all programs or by running files directly from the Program Files Folder) report "The item SUPERAntiSpyware.exe that this shrtcut refers to has beenchanged or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly" or if I try and run RunAs.exe "Unable to locate SUPERAntiSpyware program files".

The file SUPERAntiSpyware.exe does not exist anywhere on my machine.

I have run both of the utilities referred to above, and the both report that they completed successfuly.

I am assuming I have a registry issue? (My licence is retained on each install, so that must be in Registry)

Its Win Vista 32, fully up to date on a Toshiba Laptop.

I'd appreciate some further guidance with this.

Regards

#9 nighthawkext

nighthawkext

Site Admin

• Team SUPERAntiSpyware
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Very interesting problem. Please open a support ticket. This will help the software team with tracking and fixing your issue.

http://www.superanti...eateticket.html

Don Fowler

#10 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

Very interesting problem. Please open a support ticket. This will help the software team with tracking and fixing your issue.

http://www.superanti...eateticket.html

Thanks, I am doing that just now. I can only find one similar problem in the forum and that was fixed after a re-install, so it must be me :-)

Regards

#11 RonnieR

RonnieR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Just an update to help anyone searching the forum with a similar problem.

Thanks to all for your help and assistance here.

I opened a support ticket and saw the note that I could expect a response within 24 hours. Well I got one within about 24 minutes and after a quickfire exchange of messages my problem was resolved very quickly.

I suspect it was a registry problem as after being asked to download what must have been a very serious uninstaller, and reinstall the program again the issue went away.

What has really impressed me is the double quick time assistance from SAS support. Amazing, I've never had service like that before.

With regards, and Kudos to SAS Support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users