Photo

SUPERAntiSpyware has detected homepage has been changed...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmar76

jmar76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:49 AM

To anyone who can help:

I am currently trying to help a friend of mine that I recommended to use SUPERAntiSpyware and installed it on his laptop for him a few weeks back. A few days ago he got a popup telling him to update SUPERAntiSpyware and ever since then he now gets a popup whenever his computer starts telling him "SUPERAntiSpyware has detected that your browser homepage has been changed. If you did not make this change, you may have spyware or adware on your system".

Before this started, his homepage was Yahoo.com but it has now become SUPERAntiSpyware.com since this problem started and cannot be changed. It has also disabled SUPERAntiSpyware on his computer. I have tried everything I could think of so far, ran Avast, ran Malwarebytes, ran SUPERAntiSpyware from an internet website while in Safe Mode, and even ran Dr Web Cure It and nothing seems to be fixing it. I fixed a similar problem a few weeks ago for a friend who had some Imesh search engine that hijacked his homepage but that was also associated with a toolbar add-on that I was able to find, disable, and remove. This problem seems harder to pinpoint and remove.

Apparently some other people are having the same problem within the last few days as well because someone already started a topic about it on Yahoo! Answers but nobody has responded with a solution yet, although I added my 2 cents to that topic. Anyone know about this or have any ideas on how to fix it? The I.T. guy at my job mentioned reformatting the entire hard drive but I didn't want to do that if I didn't have to. Thanks very much to anyone who can help.

http://answers.yahoo...31022420AA2s1Fq

#2 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

To anyone who can help:

I am currently trying to help a friend of mine that I recommended to use SUPERAntiSpyware and installed it on his laptop for him a few weeks back. A few days ago he got a popup telling him to update SUPERAntiSpyware and ever since then he now gets a popup whenever his computer starts telling him "SUPERAntiSpyware has detected that your browser homepage has been changed. If you did not make this change, you may have spyware or adware on your system".

Before this started, his homepage was Yahoo.com but it has now become SUPERAntiSpyware.com since this problem started and cannot be changed. It has also disabled SUPERAntiSpyware on his computer. I have tried everything I could think of so far, ran Avast, ran Malwarebytes, ran SUPERAntiSpyware from an internet website while in Safe Mode, and even ran Dr Web Cure It and nothing seems to be fixing it. I fixed a similar problem a few weeks ago for a friend who had some Imesh search engine that hijacked his homepage but that was also associated with a toolbar add-on that I was able to find, disable, and remove. This problem seems harder to pinpoint and remove.

Apparently some other people are having the same problem within the last few days as well because someone already started a topic about it on Yahoo! Answers but nobody has responded with a solution yet, although I added my 2 cents to that topic. Anyone know about this or have any ideas on how to fix it? The I.T. guy at my job mentioned reformatting the entire hard drive but I didn't want to do that if I didn't have to. Thanks very much to anyone who can help.

http://answers.yahoo...31022420AA2s1Fq

Simply download and re-install and you will be set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users