• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 JJ422

JJ422

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

When I first start my computer I get this home page change detection warning.And there is nothing written in the home page after change of internet explorer.It did not do this before the update and I rarely use internet explorer.I prefer firefox I do try to block change and it keeps returning the warning.This is the only thing superantispyware does since the last update.

#2 Blaesebjerg

Blaesebjerg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:29 AM

Hi

I have exactly the same problem after updating today <_<

#3 huddo75

huddo75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:46 AM

I also have the exact same problem. It's causing the program to crash. I'm using Professional edition.

#4 Makcalable

Makcalable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

I am also having these issues too for the latest updated version;

OS;
Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted Image

I have also un installed and re install the program but still get the "Homepage Protection Window" appear after every restart of my PC but find it hard to get rid of it.

It also crashes and cannot open SAS via the little bug or the large desktop icon.

#5 Diff

Diff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

I have also un installed and re install the program but still get the "Homepage Protection Window" appear after every restart of my PC but find it hard to get rid of it.

It also crashes and cannot open SAS via the little bug or the large desktop icon.

SAme with me. i've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with other problems, and now this one! I'm just about ready to junk the whole program! It seems to affect other things I do on the computer too! It seems to freeze up on more often now then it ever did before!

#6 KMatt23

KMatt23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

I too, am getting the "Home Page has changed" window after the last update, and it hangs and can't be closed. Also, SAS(paid) is then not starting up, when windows7 does.
- and I don't see that the Home Page actually changed-

#7 Makcalable

Makcalable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Well I have to agree with you there Diff it is becoming a real pain, I have decided to Un Install it either until this issue has been resolved or I may wait till V5 is released and give that a try. ;-)

#8 Diff

Diff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

I too, am getting the "Home Page has changed" window after the last update, and it hangs and can't be closed. Also, SAS(paid) is then not starting up, when windows7 does.
- and I don't see that the Home Page actually changed-

The Homepage doesn't change! It some big time glitch in the update!

#9 Makcalable

Makcalable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

The Homepage doesn't change! It some big time glitch in the update!

Yes but it is the fact it appears every time you restart your PC and then SAS crashes, you have to end the process and then restart the program every time........ it is a pain and who is to say that it is not affecting it's ability to do it's job properly.

#10 garyrh

garyrh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

I think I may have found the problem. If I choose to run SAS as adminstrator the program does not crash or request the homepage change.

#11 Makcalable

Makcalable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

I think I may have found the problem. If I choose to run SAS as adminstrator the program does not crash or request the homepage change.

Ummm yes.. but it is still a problem as you shouldn't need to do that every time you restart your system.

I am surprised there has been no one on to tell us it is in hand or even an acknowledge this thread.

#12 garyrh

garyrh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Yes I understand that. Should help them find a fix for it quickly if they know the problem.

#13 Diane P.

Diane P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

SAS would not allow my PC to shut down.

I got the IE Explorer home page change message and SAS disabled my Razer Lachesis mouse....Nasty update

#14 Diff

Diff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

I already have mine checked to do that, and it still does it!

#15 Grandsport

Grandsport

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

I have SAS Professional, I did the update
Makcalable, on 30 July 2011 - 08:10 AM, said:

and have had the same problem with the home page as above posts, I am able to go in to scan site by using the bug in my taskbar I have been able to do updates and am currently at Core 7493 Trace 5305 Dated 30July 2011 at 8:17 P.M.
I have been able to run scans and only come up with tracking cookies that I am able to eliminate as usual.

My wife has the free version of SAS on her machine and did the update but has not had the homepage alert, not SAS not coming on.

I hope this helps, as I am sure the administrators are busy getting ready to launch 5.00 Version.

#16 miki

miki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

hello.
new here- actually just signed up just so i can say that im having the same problems as well.
except the only thing is, is that yeah when i first try to open sas the homepage change thing comes up (i try to x out of it but keeps popping back up) so i try to close out of sas entirely, it freezes for a sec then i can reopen sas to find it running normally w/o the message popping up. my main concern is that before this update my sas used to find even the simplest tracking cookie, but now when i run it (both quick and complete scan) it says nothing was found. i tried out this theory and intentionally went to a few sites that i knew would have cookies (mainly my local news websites) and still says found nothing... this kinda gets me worried. i mean if sas is skipping on even a simple tracking cookie what else is it passing on?

luckily i have a free subscription to norton so im good for now but it ends in 2 weeks. i only have norton for its internet security and it worked so well with sas...

#17 JJ422

JJ422

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

I did manage to remedy my issues with SAS.After trying several uninstall tools I gave up on removing SAS.I then initiated a system restore.This worked and SAS ran fine as long as I did not update.I did a full scan and nothing was found.I then removed SAS and installed Ad-Aware and ran a full scan and got 5 hits on the scan.3 hits were quarantined.I believe this is the issue "Win32.ToolBarZugo[1497].

#18 Wildfire

Wildfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

I think it's safe to say that it's a general issue - looks like most people using SAS are affected by it. Would be nice if the SAS team were to actually acknowledge the issue so that we know they're working to fix it.

In the meantime, I've uninstalled SAS completely. It was very annoying to have the 'homepage changed' pop-up come up each time I booted my PC and have the SAS process hinder shutting down the computer, because it had actually crashed/frozen.

I sincerely doubt no-one from the SAS team noticed these problems! They seem to be widespread, so I'd say at least a few people at SAS would have bumped into these issues themselves.

(by the way, I'm running a registered SAS on two Windows 7 x64 systems, both systems are affected)

#19 Diane P.

Diane P.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

SAS would not allow my PC to shut down.

I got the IE Explorer home page change message and SAS disabled my Razer Lachesis mouse....Nasty update

Now, I don't get the homepage message, I'm able to shutdown the PC, but SAS doesn't work at all either from the taskbar, system tray bug, desktop icon or start menu, administrator or regular, or alternate start. Not good.

#20 JJ422

JJ422

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

I did manage to remedy my issues with SAS.After trying several uninstall tools I gave up on removing SAS.I then initiated a system restore.This worked and SAS ran fine as long as I did not update.I did a full scan and nothing was found.I then removed SAS and installed Ad-Aware and ran a full scan and got 5 hits on the scan.3 hits were quarantined.I believe this is the issue "Win32.ToolBarZugo[1497].

The issue appears to be part of the bing toolbar search engine.Generally when the update starts you get the option to install the toolbar or decline.The issue is in the update and it is corrupting windows explorer along with the SAS program.Hopefully SAS will send out a patch after the weekend is over.System restore will fix this issue.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users