Nikilet

Problem with program update

7 posts in this topic

When I opened SUPERAntiSpyware tonight to run a scan I updated, and then the little box popped up in the taskbar telling me there was a program update. I selected to run the update now and I got another box telling me this has to be done from an account with Administrator privileges. I am operating out of an Administrator's account. I've been running this program for some time and have never had any problem with this before. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks

When I opened SUPERAntiSpyware tonight to run a scan I updated, and then the little box popped up in the taskbar telling me there was a program update. I selected to run the update now and I got another box telling me this has to be done from an account with Administrator privileges. I am operating out of an Administrator's account. I've been running this program for some time and have never had any problem with this before. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks

Please do this:

1. Close down SAS by right clicking on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray and selecting Exit from the menu.

2. Go to START>All Programs>SuperAntiSpyware folder and right click on either SuperAntiSpyware Free or Professional

3. Select "Run as Administrator" to start SAS.

4. Once SAS starts, right click on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray and select "Check for Updates"

You should be able to now update your version of SAS.

Thank you. I've saved your instructions and will try that if it happens again. I wanted to do a scan so I un- and then reinstalled the program.

Nikilet,

If it does happen again, please do the following:

Please reinstall the software using the tools below.

Please follow this link to uninstall: (Please do NOT use the Control Panel method, the solution will not work correctly)

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Follow this link to install:

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Register and update product, Reboot and then run a Full Scan.

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service

THank you very much for this valuable information. Unless this is something new, I've been instructed in the past to un- and reinstall and have never received this info. And the instructions received previously have come from tech support, not from the forum.

Running the desktop shortcut as RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR is only a temporary workaround. It gets annoying after the 10th one.

If using Win7/Vista, and after reinstalling SAS is autostarting after rebooting(but not updating), check to see if your UAC is enabled. I have found UAC to be a source of trouble with various legitimate programs with Vista and WIndows 7. You can do this by searching for MSCONFIG, go to far right tab, TOOLs, Change UAC settings.

Don't change UAC if you cannot help it, though. Vista and Win7 versions of UAC are different with different behavior.