• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rileybiley

Rileybiley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

The other day I was on the internet when I read somewhere that "Lady Gaga" died. My girlfriend wanted to know if it was true so we searched it up on Yahoo, I clicked the 2nd link and instantly - "Your system has been infected with malicious malware, running free virus scan now" and it started doing a fake virus scan. I shut my computer off with the button before it could finish, but apparently that wasn't enough. The instant I turned my computer back on, I did a Complete Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware and hoped it would work. For the first time EVER, it didn't. Every time I do a virus scan, it tells me I have [Threat Desription] Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake [Detected Items] 13. I would do the virus scan, manage/quarantine the items, reboot the computer and then when I log in and do another virus scan, the same 13 are there just like before. Can anyone please help me? I miss my computer :cry:

Riley

#2 SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 3,809 posts
  • LocationEugene, OR

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:53 AM

The other day I was on the internet when I read somewhere that "Lady Gaga" died. My girlfriend wanted to know if it was true so we searched it up on Yahoo, I clicked the 2nd link and instantly - "Your system has been infected with malicious malware, running free virus scan now" and it started doing a fake virus scan. I shut my computer off with the button before it could finish, but apparently that wasn't enough. The instant I turned my computer back on, I did a Complete Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware and hoped it would work. For the first time EVER, it didn't. Every time I do a virus scan, it tells me I have [Threat Desription] Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake [Detected Items] 13. I would do the virus scan, manage/quarantine the items, reboot the computer and then when I log in and do another virus scan, the same 13 are there just like before. Can anyone please help me? I miss my computer :cry:

Riley

Please post your latest SUPERAntiSpyware scan log here for review.

#3 Mika

Mika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:13 PM

I have the exactly same problem, but I only have 1 "Detected Items".
Could someone direct me to a solution, I am using Windows 7 if the information helps. Will post log file later, when I find where it is.
Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users